Purpose of the PTO
The purpose and objectives of the PTO are:
1. To nurture communication and goodwill among parents, students, and staff.
2. To promote fundraising projects and services approved by the administration.
3. To promote the welfare of children in home, school and children.
4. To develop between educators, parents, and students such efforts as will secure for all children the highest advantages in physical, mental and social education.
What is the PTO?
The Parent Teacher Organization is a group of parents with teacher representation that supports Putnam County Primary School through volunteers and financial assistance. Throughout the year, the PTO holds various fundraisers and events to provide activities and items that benefit our children. The proceeds from these events will be used to support programs and resources for the school and our children.
How will I find out about PTO events?
PTO meetings will be held throughout the school year. During the meetings we will plan events for the year, coordinate volunteers and decided on how funds are to be spent. These meetings are informal and welcome everyone. YOU DO NOT have to be on a committee or chair an event to attend or to have input!!!
· PTO newsletters/flyers are sent home before events
· PCPS PTO Facebook page- still to come as well as information on the schools website
How can I support the PTO?
There are many ways in which you can support the PTO. First by volunteering; help on a committee or during a help during a school event. The amount of time you spend, no matter how little, will be valued by the PTO, school and most importantly your child.
Secondly, buy and sell during fundraisers. Again the dollars that are earned help support your child’s education.
Thirdly, attend the school sponsored events such as;
· Fall Festival- October
· Winter Extravaganza - December
· Book Fairs- December 2012 and February 2013
· Watch D.O.G.S. Program